Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: I have a rules question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have a rules question

    What are the differences between a flagrant foul and an intentional foul and when is it that you can't call a foul 'flagrant'.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member
    I have a rules question


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    Flagrant would be an act of Fighting (Punching, body slamming Etc...). Or intentionally or flagrantly contacting an opponent during a dead ball.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    Any difference between flagrant & intentional when the kid that was fouled has his leg broke from this kicking/fighting action by the opposing team member?

    Because I think that's what happened in this situation that Rock's alluding to...just for your information. Maybe you should take that into consideration when officiating a play and seeing something like that again. If you don't, you may see a lot more broken legs, concussions, open wounds, etc...from the way yourself and the remainder of the AOA has been officiating games around here. Not sure you want that--then again, I'm talking to the same guy who flat out tackled Andrew Adkins when he was a freshman and you were a senior because you were frustrated that Coeburn just beat PV again on your home floor.

    I'll give you credit for being out there and trying, and I know you're starting out pretty early in your bball officiating career--but I hope for everyone's sake you get better. I've seen your past few games, and it's not been pretty...may want to hit the books a bit harder.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    I love it a personal attack from a moderator. Someone who is not supposed to do that. I suggest that you man up and remove the post yourself.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    It's an opinion on his officiating, and I'm telling the truth about everything in the post I made above.

    I didn't say word one about him as a person, I recalled a true happening that possibly correlated back to how he officiates an overly physical style of bball that ended up getting a kid's leg broke. That's all.

    I didn't personally attack--I criticized the way he officiates--he gets paid for it, and in my mind, it's fair game. It's the same as if the Coalfield had a writer who wrote an editorial on the bad quality of basketball officiating in this area--it's nothing personal--it's a critique to hopefully light a fire under somebody and get them to change for the better.

    If you don't agree--let's discuss.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    This really has nothing to do with that call but I'm slowly learning that when you step out onto the floor in the LPD you better be ready. The officiating in the LPD is very political and if you want to win that night you better plan on beating 8, because lord knows what your going to see. I have discussed this with several people including officials away from the forum and it's just a nature of the beast but really is there any official who officiates in the LPD who doesn't have a tie into the game somehow? I'd like to think most of those on here know my feelings, very school spirited, etc. Why would I officiate? There is no way that you could send me to officiate the Appy/JJK game this week and expect me to do a fair job, I know that if Appy wins PV is in first place. The officials around here are all in that position, and if they can ignore that then they are better than I am, especially when they have family members, kids they have coached, neighbors kids, etc being directly affected by the outcome of a game they officiate. It's not going to get any better because it can't get any better, put Cane in the stripes and tell him to go ref TW/Castlewood with Coeburn needing a TW loss to pass them in the standings and see if he refs fair. I'm not saying that he wouldn't but wouldn't it be damn hard not to?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member USA Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an opinion on his officiating, and I'm telling the truth about everything in the post I made above.

    I didn't say word one about him as a person, I recalled a true happening that possibly correlated back to how he officiates an overly physical style of bball that ended up getting a kid's leg broke. That's all.

    I didn't personally attack--I criticized the way he officiates--he gets paid for it, and in my mind, it's fair game. It's the same as if the Coalfield had a writer who wrote an editorial on the bad quality of basketball officiating in this area--it's nothing personal--it's a critique to hopefully light a fire under somebody and get them to change for the better.

    If you don't agree--let's discuss. </div></div>

    Well, my concern is this: YOu are a mod, and you are not suppose to discuss it in the way that you did. Would it not have been better to just pm them? Not good leadership in my opinion.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKCats1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it a personal attack from a moderator. Someone who is not supposed to do that. I suggest that you man up and remove the post yourself. </div></div>

    Oh please... [insert rolling eyes]

    A moderator can't have their own opinion?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question

    Personal opinion yes personal attack no
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have a rules question


    Not sure you want that--then again, I'm talking to the same guy who flat out tackled Andrew Adkins when he was a freshman and you were a senior because you were frustrated that Coeburn just beat PV again on your home floor.

    So the above statement is not an attack on him? You are basing how he officiates on something that happened in high school as a player? I was ejected 20 years ago from the PV Appy football game is that a basis on how I am going to officiate? I do not think so. I really cannot comment on the ability of any basketball official because I have not been one and I have seen exactly two games in the last 10 years and they were both this year.

    PVFAN I have officiated for 20 years and have friends in every town that the association covers. I would never work a PV game because I played here and I live here and do not need the kind of crap in my neighborhood that we are seeing on here and that is personal attacks. To be honest I would have no problem calling a PV game but I would probably be tougher on PV than the other team. I have no doubt in my mind that I would not cheat for one or the other. It all comes down to integrity and I try to keep mine.

    Like I have said if you want things changed you must contact your Principal. There is no one else that can make things any better.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •